Fine Art/Caravaggio

Question
I have heard that several Caravaggio pintings are in fact self portraits, can you tell me which ones?

Thank You

Sarah

Answer
Caravaggio placed his own image in several of his paintings, most notably in "Baccchino Malato" which is an absolute self portrait in the role of Bacchus, He also modelled himself for his famous painting of Medusa in 1597.
The head of Goliath in the David with the head of Goliath painting of 1606 also depicts caravaggio himself, he uses himself as the head of john The Baptist in "Salome receives the head of St John The Baptist" painted in 1607.
Caravaggio can be seen in the background of "The Beheading of St John", "The Burial of St Lucy" an the "Resurrection of Lazurus".

I hope this goes some way to answering your interesting question, If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask

Yours Sincerely

Gari Phillips

Gari Phillips