Fine Art/Chagall

Question
My name, telephone number, email address and fax number are on
all my Certificates of Authenticity for those who wish to conatct me.  
I am not an art expert, I am an autograph expert. I have
authenticated the signatures of Marc Chagall on prints usually
removed from art books.  Unscrupulous dealers have claimed these
are one-of-a-kind and very valuable.  I have received dozens of
telephone calls from people who have paid thousands of dollars for
a Chagall signed print.  A collector removed a print from an art
book and asked Chagall to sign it, which he did.  That is all it is and
any dealer advertising it, insinuating that it is more than just an
autograph on a reproduction, is lying. --- Herman Darvick

Answer
Herman--I appreciate your disclaimer and wish everyone in the art business was as straightforward you.  Boy, do I know some stories!  I have received hundreds of inquiries over the years from people who have been ripped off, too.  My only concern, did/could Chagall have autographed as many reproductions as there seem to be floating about?  Keep up the good work, Herman.  You are a benefit to the art world.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit