Fine Art/Chagall "Carmen" Lithograph

My father in law is travelling in CA at the moment and has seen a lithograph in the Hilton Hotel lobby called Carmen.  He asked me to research this to see what people might sell this lithograph for online. I find it on ebay for prices ranging form $39 to $200, but I find it hard to believe these are authentic Chagall lithographs. Can you advise the value of a true Chagall Carmen lithograph and where someone might find one for sale?  Thanks!

Chagall works that are authentic sell in the thousands, sometimes high thousands.  The prices you mentioned are for cheap posters or fakes.  If you are able to go after the real thing, email me at

We are the only company that does not offer "in house" authenticity. You have to be very careful, lot's of scam artists out there these days.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.