Fine Art/Chagall's Jerusalem Windows

Question
Dear Mr Klevit
When I search for the original lithographs of Chagall's Jerusalem Windows, I
often find smaller size (11.5" tall) AND bigger size (24" tall). They both say
they are original and hand signed by Chagall (though only bigger ones are
numbered, not the smaller ones). I had an access to a smaller one and I
looked through a loop and I didn't see any dotted patterns which should
appear if offset... I'm confused. Are there two different sizes which are both
authentic? I am very much interested in purchasing the smaller one, but I
wanted to ask your opinion before I spend the money. Thank you very much
for taking time for my question. Sincerely, Kumiko

Answer
Kumiko--for two sizes, there would have to be two separate sets of stones created.  That didn't happen.  I don't understand the absence of dots, but I am concerned about the validity of the signature on the smaller one, as well as its originality.  Personally, I wouldn't touch it.
Alan Klevit

Alan Klevit