Fine Art/Chagall Lithograph

Question
I own a Chagall Paris Opera print with a cupid holding a bouquet flying over the Opera house. i belive it is called Hommage. Someone put tacks in the 4 corners before i obtained it so there are small holes on each corner, other than that it is o.k. What would a print like this go for today?

Answer
Jacqyekyn--I know the piece well.  If it is an original lithograph [it was an edition of 5000], it is worth a few hundred dollars.  If it is an offset lithograph, it is worth about $30.  Look at it through a jeweler's loop or high powered magnifying glass.  If you see dots, it is an offset.  If you don't, it is an original lithograph.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit