Fine Art/Chagall Offset Lithograph

Question
Hi Alan,
Thanks for your answer, I suspected as much. Apparently there is a person named Herman Darvick (ever heard of him?), suposedly an expert in signatures, who is vouching for the authenticity of the signing.

Fine Art Treasures Gallery has a television, ("finearttreasures.net"), show "FATG Live Auction" where they are selling offset prints as "Fine Art, Original Lithographs, Hand Sighned by the artist" from many artists. They are presented as "Estate Liquidations"
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
I bought an "original lithograph , hand signed by the artist" (Daphne's Dream and The Three Nymphs, of the Daphne and Chleo collection)from a company called Fine Art Treasures in L.A., Ca.. I think I've been misled. When I look at the piece through a 10x loop I can see what appears to be a Morey pattern(little dots of color). My Question is; Did Chagall participate in Offset Lithography and if so did he sign without numbering?

Thanks for your knowledge,
Matt

Answer -
Matt--Chagall did NOT participate in offset lithography, and offset lithography is NOT an original lithograph.  The Suite's original lithographs, all signed & no., usually sell for$20,000 and more.  There are no records of Chagall signing offsets, although there are a few people who seem to have such pieces.  I'd sure like to know how they know he signed them.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Answer
We already know it is not an original lithograph, as attested to, and you need to read my book on buying art on such tv shows.  I would like to know if the guy saw Chagall sign it.  I can't "guarantee" it isn't real, any more than he can guarantee it is.  I hope you didn't pay much.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com

Alan Klevit