Fine Art/Chagall Print

Question
I like it and it was for a good cause so I'm not trying to return it.  Nonetheless, should a reputable gallery provide more information about whether the signature is real?  Also why can't I seem to find anything about the print anywhere, not in books not on the internet?
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
At a charity auction I purchased a print showing the exterior of the Paris Opera House with an angel above it holding flowers.  There is a long sentence in French and then it is signed Marc Chagall.  It is captioned Paris Opera Ceiling, Institute of Artistic Achievement.  The local gallery that ran the auction promised a CofA but then all they gave me was something written by the owner of the gallery with no background papers at all.  I can't find anything about this print on Google.  Have I made a big mistake?  Should the gallery provide more info.?

Answer -
Peter--you have only made a big mistake if you paid hundreds of dollars for it.  Lovely, but not an 'investment' piece.  Alan Klevit.

check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Answer
Peter--the piece was not created by stones drawn by Chagall.  It is a derivative--a small piece of the ceiling of the Paris opera house, rather than a "Chagall," which is why you can't find references to it.  There are rumors that Chagall autographed a number of those pieces, but know one really knows, nor how many, and there is no way the gallery could attest to the signature.  It is lovely, and I admire your attitude about it.  Alan

Alan Klevit