Fine Art/Chagall Terre Des Hommes

Question
Hi Alan;

We bought a signed and numbered Chagall poster 26/100 of Terre des Hommes while in Paris this summer. We are curious of the approx retail value of this wonderful work of art.

Thanks;

Don McKay

Answer
Don--it certainly is a beautiful work of art.  I do not have Chagall's Poster Catalog, but the piece is not an original lithograph included in the 6 volumes of all his lithographs [which I do have].  I also am not aware of his signing & numbering posters in editions of 100, although he might have.  Perhaps you should contact Sotheby's and get their input.  You can also look at the image where there is color, through a high powered magnifying glass or jeweler's loop.  If you see dots, it is a reproduction.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit

check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit