Fine Art/Chagall - fair price?

I am looking to buy an unsigned Chagall from Park West for $2600. The title of the piece is Le Clown Fleuri (Clown with flowers). Is this a fair price?

ANSWER: Unsigned prints in many cases were pulled from a book that the artist wanted kept together as a book.  The front page had a signature, so no need to sign the rest of the pages. The only upside is that the artist might have hand made the pages.

If I were going to spend that kind of money, I'd go after a hand signed Dali work.  Unless you are stuck on Chagall.
Most of the collectors I work with, do not want to hear about un-signed works.  Let me know and I will send you a catalog with over 700 works.

Email me at:

QUESTION: Thanks for your response! I have 2 Dali works, so I do want to know the fair price of the Chagall. That said, if you have a catalog I would be interested - let me know the best way you can send that across.

OK I'll be blunt. Don't buy art with NO SIGNATURE. You are taking a big risk.

As for the catalog, send an email to:
and include your address and ph#, I will keep it confidential and add you to our database of Dali collectors and keep you up to date on what's happening in the market.  

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.