Fine Art/Chagall lithographs

Question
Could you please provide me with the Catalogue by Mourlot information on Le clown fleuri and Le jeu des acrobates?  The ones I am considering are not signed.
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
Can you please provide some tips to verify the authenticity of original Chagall lithographs?

Answer -
CWA:
Every original Chagall lithograph is listed, with a picture, in the 6 volume Catalog by Mourlot.  Not there.  Not original.  The catalog tells size of paper, size of image, and kind of paper used in the printing.  He pencil signed most, did some that were in two editions, one signed, the other unsigned, usually with different margins and on different paper, all spelled out.  Finally, you should know there are still fakes out there, also talked about in the catalog [I believe vol 6]; and offset reproductions of originals, which you can identify by examining through a jeweler's loop--look for rows of dots, which represents the 4-color process used.  In other words, take it to an expert.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Answer
CWA--they are original lithographs executed by Chagall for inclusion in his catalog.  They are in editions of 10,000, lovely to look at, but not really 'investments,' if that is your reason for purchase.  Although I have not seen them on the market in years, comparable pieces sell in the " hundreds of dollars" range.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit