Fine Art/Chagall, signed S.P.A.D.E.M, Arabian nights?

Question
Dear Sir,
I am about to buy a Chagall print, edited from S.P.A.D.E.M.,from the Arabian nights series, edition 333, 10 X 8.5 inches (image) ON 15.5 X 13 inches (paper), with dry stamp in the middle, pencil numbered in the left corner(?/333) and  hand signed by Chagall in the right corner. So my question is, did Chagall sign any pieces from this edition? The sellers url is: http://www.elithographs.com/CHAGALLETCHINGS.html
Thank you in advance,
sincerely,
Vartan

Answer
The dry stamp in the middle is certainly not typical on Chagall original lithographs.  Can I say Chagall didn't sign them?  No.  But a signed & numbered Chagall original lithograph is worth from $5,000 to $50,000.  If you owned one, why would you be willing to sell it for a tenth or less?  I wouldn't, either.  Which is why I wouldn't buy it.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit

check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com and THE ART BEAT at amazon.com.

Alan Klevit