Fine Art/Mold

Question
Dear Mr. Klevit:

Thank you for your help. I have one more question to ask. I have a piece of art (on paper) that was damaged in a hurricane by water. The piece is overall in tact but has a small amount of mold. Where/how can I have this repaired? Thanks!

- Jack Martinez
Miami, Florida  

Answer
Jack--you should look for someone who does art restoration.  Should be easy in a big city like Miami.  If none in the yellow pages, perhaps call a museum or the art department of the university.  Paper art can be restored if the damage is not too great, although I am not an expert.  Good luck.  alan.

Alan Klevit