Fine Art/About Christian Schneider (b1793-1854)

I recently acquired a portrait painting signed by Christian Schneider and dated in 1828. All I can find is when he was born and when he died. There was no information that I can found about the artist, nor to mention the portrait sitter.

If you can provide any information, I will appreciate it.
The painting can be seen at:

The signature part on the painting is too dark to get a good picture.

Dear Lin, The only thing I could find on your artist: Christian Heinrich Schneider painter of portraits born in Hamburg 1793, died 1854. He is not listed in a six volume dictionary of German artists, nor in another single volume dictionary of German artists. We just have to accept the fact that he was not very prominent.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.