Fine Art/Ciappa

Question
In the belongings of my aunt's estate was an oil painting that is signed by Ciappa.  It has two fishing boats in the foreground with some kinda of village and two mountains in the back ground.  I would like to know who Ciappa is and what the value of the painting might be.  I have no idea where the oil came from but it was framed by a store in Miami, Florida with a Stock 12x16 frame.  Could you help me please.  I have pictures of the oil and signature.  Thank You, Doug

Answer
Dear Doug, Ciappa is a very common Italian name, I have listings of at least 20 artists with that name. If you do not have a first name or initial I doubt I can identify your painting.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes