Fine Art/Collecting Art

Question
I want to start collecting art for personal enjoyment and as an investment. I have purchased an original mixed media by Zamy Stenovich which I love and a lithograph by Alexandra Nechita. I would like to purchase original pieces, however, I need to learn what's affordable and likely to increase in value over time. I also need to learn where (or how) to purchase the art. The pieces I bought were purchased on a cruise ship because of the outstanding guarantee. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Mary, Enjoy the art you purchased--very lively and lovely--I am quite familiar with both artists.  Regarding collecting for investment--that's a different game.  May I suggest my recent book, "Art Collecting 101," available at www.booklocker.com, selling for about $15.  It will give you the tools you need for your goal.
Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit