Fine Art/The Cradle by Morisot

Question
Hello,

I recently aquired a reproduction of "The Cradle" by Morisot.  I was curious as to how much something like this is worth, roughly speaking, and if it's worth keeping.

From what I was told, it is a "musuem-quality" reproduction on canvas.  Here is what I can find on the piece:

The Cradle - Morisot
Published by Shorewood Press

SPADEM 1960 by french reproduction rights, inc. G-4

Courtesy of the Louvre Museum Paris, France

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doriel

Answer
There are many replicas of well known works out there. Most have decorative value only. It takes quite a bit of red tape to get permission do create a replica. The question is, how was it created? If an artist painted it by hand vs a photo lithograph or scan printed on canvas, then the hand painted version has more value, but is still decorative art. The older a work becomes, the more value it has. If it is over 100 yrs old, you have an antique print on canvas.

Dan

Dan Twyman