Fine Art/Currier & IvesPrint

Question
I have acquired a framed Currier & Ives print entitled "American Homestead Winter". On the bottom left corner of the print it says "Pubd by Currier & Ives". The bottom center says "Entered according to Act of Congress AD1869, by Currier & Ives in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York". The bottom right says "152 Nassau St NY". Can you tell me the meaning of these words and if there is any value to this print?  Thank you.

Answer
Dear Kenneth,

I hope this finds you well. The Currier and Ives print titled "American Homestead Winter" is one of four prints representing the seasons, and is arguably one of the most popular small folio sets ever published by Currier & Ives. The information on your print identifies that it is published by Currier & Ives and copywrited in 1869. The Nassau street address represents the location of their store at the time of the release of this print.

An original lithograph of this image must be in the small folio size which is 8 x 12.8 inches for this print. This size is the image size, not the size of the sheet of paper. It should also show signs of being hand colored. Any other size is a later reproduction. A lithograph of American Homestead Winter from the original release in 1868-1869 has a recent wholesale auction range of a couple of hundred dollars, depending on condition.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley