Fine Art/DALI WAILING WALL

Question
QUESTION: DAN, I HAVE A FIVE IMAGE EMBOSSED WAILING WALL 166/250 LITHO.THE FIELDS BOOK ONLY SHOWS FOUR IMAGES, YET TWO LITHOS SOLD AT AUCTION AT CHRISTYS LONDON HAVE FIVE IMAGES, ONE THAT WAS AN EA. REMARQUE OUT OF ED.250 I HAVE EXACT MEASUEMENTS AND AS STATED MINE IS EMBOSSED. KINDA CONFUSED. CAN YOU GIVE INPUT. THANKS DALE PICOLLA

ANSWER: HI Dale,

Are we talking about the Aliyah pieces on page 153 in Fields book?  Suite of 25 lithographs.

Dan

QUESTION: ACTUALLY NO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BIGGER WAILING WALL. I HAVE STUMPED TWO DALI EXPERTS WITH THIS.THE DALI IMAGE IN THE FIELDS BOOK HAS FOUR IMAGES AT THE WALL. CHRISTIES AUC IN LONDON SOLD TWO LITHOS WITH FIVE IMAGES.ONE IS AN EA.REMARQUE ED.250  IHAVE A 166/250 FIVE IMAGE EMBOSSED EXACT MEASURE LITHO. IT APPEARS HE DID TWO DIFFERENT PAINTING. IM SURE CHRISTY ISNT WRONG THEY SOLD TWO LITHOS WITH THE FIVE IMAGES.THANKS DALE
ANSWER: How about the Wailing Wall on page 183 in Fields book?

Also there are Unauthorized versions of the Wailing Wall listed in the very back of Fileds book in the "Guide"

Let me know,

Dan

QUESTION: I BELIEVE THAT IS THE ONE DAN. WITH THE FOUR IMAGES. I HAVE THE ONE WITH FIVE THAT MEASURES THE SAME AS THE ONE WITH THE FOUR.NOW CHRISTIES IS VERY REPUTABLE AND THEY SOLD TWO WITH THE FIVE IMAGES. KINDA STRANGE. DOES THE GUIDE TALK ABOUT ONE WITH FIVE IMAGES. I DONT THINK CHRISTIES WOULD SELL A FAKE. THANKS DALE

Answer
When you say four images or five images?  I have sold the Wailing Wall by itself.  The piece I've sold is from a large suite of pieces.

What do you mean by four or five images?

I do not see a set of four or five and do not recall selling that?

Dan

Dan Twyman