Fine Art/DAVID HICKS

Question
could you tell me any information on a painting by david hicks called "the close of day" copyrighted 1903 by louis wolff & co 245,tottenham court road,london w.

Answer
Dear Jim,

I found an artist by the name of David Hicks, (19th/20th Century). Possibly English but he did many paintings in Scotland so he may be Scottish. I cannot locate any painting by Hicks with the title you gave. However, it sounds like you are describing a print.

Louis Wolff & Co. was a publisher in London that published many fine prints by established artists during that period. If you would like to send me a jpeg image of your art including a close up of the signature, I will continue to research it for you. My email address is: dolly12@aol.com.

With kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley