Fine Art/Dali 1974 City of (the) Drawers lithograph?

Question
Hello, was City of Drawers (1936) by Dali issued as a plate signed lithograph in 1974? One is being offered to me framed with the number 1 out of 175 but the COA is not from a gallery and doesn't have any seal on it strange... He wants $550. I researched it on google.com and came up mostly with posters of it and only one offset lithograph. I checked the Field's reference book and it is not in it. the seller is trying to get more documentation this week from the TV art auction he bought it from. Any help is most appreciated. Best Regards, Jeff  

Answer
Jeff--even if it was a "plate signed" lithograph, it would not be an edition of 175--more likely a few thousand.  Also, if the piece was done in 1936, the 1974 litho is a reproduction of it [offset].  And the fact that it is not in Field's book substantiates that.  Value more like $25 plus the frame.  And even if the seller gets "documentation" from the TV art auction, that would not change any of the facts.  Stay away.  By the way, in the book referenced below, I devote a section to the dangers of neophytes buying online or TV auctions.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE: check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com [or Amazon.com].

Alan Klevit