Fine Art/Dali - Discovery of America

Question
I read Klevit's answer to the Dali litho question concerning The Discovery of America. I don't know art. Can you tell me how many REAL signed and number lithos were made for the Discovery of America. I have one number 607/990 and signed in pencil. It does not have a COA or a imprinted stamp.

Answer
You are correct.  There are no pencil signed limited edition prints of the image. I only know of posters or low end reproduction. Low end prints are sold on ebay on a regular basis.

Dan

If your referring to "The Discovery of America by Christopher Columbus", there is not a signed or authorized version of that.

The Dali archives only talks about un-authorized works.

In 1979 a hand signed work was created called Christopher Columbus Discovers America, but that is Columbus by himself, dressed in Red, and very different from the image with ships etc.

Dan

Dan Twyman