Fine Art/Dali Etching

Firstly, I want to thank you for the great servce you provide. I hope you in some way benefit from your generousity. I acquired, from a dear departed friend, a Dali etching from the "Song of Songs" series. As I have a cousin who wishes to purchase it for his daughter (a Dali fan), I would like to know the approximate value.  The piece is numbered 161/250 in the bottom left, and signed in the bottom right. I am reasonably sure it is authentic, but any opinion you can give as to this, or it's value would be greatly appreciately......IMAGES:::  

Dear Wes,

I hope this finds you well and thank you for your question. You have a wonderful image from the suite. From the photos I can see the added gold dust that is representative of the original work.

Current retail on etchings from the Song of Songs Suite range from $1800-3000. "I am my Beloved" is a particularly beautiful image from the suite and therefore tends to be more collectable than some of the other pieces. I would place yours closer to the $3000 price.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.