Fine Art/Dali - On Greyons Back

QUESTION: I have found a color lithography of Salvador Dali's On Geryons back for sale. It is supposed to have a real signature on it but it's an extended edition. I think it was originlly in 100 copies but is there any official information about the extended version? How many copies were made and is it possible that the Dali's signature is real?  

ANSWER: I don't like the term "extended edition" I need to see the image and I need a title and the pencil number on the bottom left of the piece. Text info is OK to get things started. You can also call me at 888-888-DALI  Ext.204
and I can help you faster.  By the way, dealers and publishers have been known to mis-title artwork. We can work it our once I see the image.

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for your answer. The lithoraphy is for sale on an auction in sweden, where I live. Can be seen here

I don't have much more information. I guess what Im really curious about is if it worth the asking price of $350.

Thansk again.

The title is: "The Usurers" If this piece is on the old style archival paper and printed in 1960, then it is a good piece and that is a very good price at $350.00 US Dollars. Make sure it is not a modern day Giclee. It should be on heavy paper and look like an original watercolor. The size of the paper should be 10 x 13 inches without the frame. This piece is from the Inferno portion of The Devine Comedy book suite. The specs are listed with the Dali archives.  The only way to know is for me to examine it in person, but from the photo it looks ok. make sure it's not printed on modern day canvas and make sure the signature I see to the left is in pencil.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.