Fine Art/Dali Lithograph

Question
I recently purchased on a P&O cruise ship auction a dali lithograph entitled Cyclopean Make Up, numbered in the bottom left v/vxxv and signed in pencil in the bottom right hand corner. This lithograph appears to consist of an etching and a collage. I paid 1800 and since returning have found little information on this piece - can you reassure me?

Answer
Louise--Cyclopean Make Up is part of the suite, IMAGINATIONS AND OBJECTS OF THE FUTURE.  It is legitimate, shown on page 104 of the Official Catalog Raisonee of All the Graphics of Dali.  And you are right:  it is a lithograph with collage and intaglio [etching].  It was pulled in two editions of 250 each, plus an edition of LXXV on japon [rice paper]-- [what you have?], and another 25 artist proofs.  You did not overpay, but you didn't "steal" it, either.  A nice piece--and it is real!  Enjoy.  Alan Klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit