Fine Art/Dali Lithograph

Question
Hello Dan,

My parents purchased a Dali lithograph from an auction in the early eighties.  The Certificate of Aunthenticity stuck on the back cardboard is from Royal Art, Ltd.  The certificate is signed by M. Mott. The Title: Lincoln-Dalivision. Media: Lithograph : Plate Signed.  Registration # 78 51456.  My curiosity got the better of me and I took the back cardboard off to do some further investigation.  Just below the lower right hand corner of the painting, it reads "Jean-Paul Loup".  The back of the lithograph has the registration # 78 51456 penciled. I've done a bit of research on the internet, and it appears this Jean-Paul Loup may have been either an agent or artist.  Would you happen to have any input?  

Thank you,

Kevin

Answer
I have the pencil signed version and have seen the plate signed version. We don't get involved in the plate signed works here, that is more of a retail product.
Plate signed works that are authorized can become valuable, but there have been so many different versions of the Lincoln piece that I doubt that is the case with the work you have. So many have wanted to own the image, it created a variety of affordable reprodcutions including an embossed version with a foil backing.

Hope this info helps,

Dan  

Dan Twyman