Fine Art/Dali: Madonna and Child litho

QUESTION: I own a Dali litho titled "Madonna and Child".  It is a lithograph with embossing and etching.  I have a certificate of authenticity and appraisel from Angel International Fine Arts, Inc of Beverly Hills, Ca (no longer in business.)  The location of the workshop on the papers shows to be Grapholith, France and was done in 1983.
It is Arches 13 of 250.  The authentication shows to have been done on December 28, 1983 with a value of 1800usd.  
With the information I have provided, what is the liklihood that I have an authentic litho?  Thanks, Bruce Miller

ANSWER: Dali's last hand signed lithographs were produced in 1979 & 1980. The piece you describe is listed along with others that were created after Dali stopped signing prints.

QUESTION: So, I basically am the owner of a fake that is not worth the paper its printed on?

I base my comments on your description. I cannot see the art you have, but the work is listed as an AFTER at the Dali Archives and is not considered a work that will accrue value.

It's this type of situation that caused us to go the route we do when it comes to paperwork. Any Dali works we sell have to be examined prior to being sold and all the watermarks and other marks have to be verified. Then we send them to an outside appraiser. We do not do "in house" appraisals or authenticity, as it is a conflict of interest.
I have a Dali catalog that has over 700 images, not all are available, but many are. Prices are between $1299.00 & 60K.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.