Fine Art/Dali-Scorpion

Question
My aunt was pretty much a hippie in her younger days and spent alot of time in California in the 1960's. Approx. 8 years ago she gave me a painting that she said she had recieved as a gift back in the 1960's. It is a picture of a Scorpion and it is in the ugliest frame. She said this was how it was given to her by the artist. What are the odds of this being an authentic Dali?

Answer
Mark--the odds of it being an authentic Dali painting are less than your winning the lottery.  However, it is possible, if it is on paper, it is an original lithograph or etching by Dali, if it is signed in the lower right hand corner and numbered in the lower left hand corner.  If it is, you should take it to a gallery or appraiser in your area to find out, because it could also be an reproduction, and there are many of those with fake "Dali" signatures around.  Good luck.  Alan.

Alan Klevit