Fine Art/Dali lithograph

If you "Google" Fidelity World Arts, you will see what I come up with. If it not a Dali, I would like to know what it is. Thanks again, Bob
PS, I understand about the virus issue. I am a pro and keep all my PC's running on Norton Anti-Virus.

Followup To

Question -
Is there an e-mail address so that I can forward a photo of the artwork to you? I was commisioned by Fidelity World Arts in Skokie, Illinois. Thanks

Followup To

Question -
I have a Dali lithograph which I purchased in 1983. It came with a certificate of authenticity signed by L.M. Rubin. The work is entitled "Nude on Horseback" and is #56 of 250. The certificate says it "is an original lithograph, executed by Dali utilizing metal plates made of zinc. Each piece was numbered and then signed by Dali thereby indicating his approval of that piece." I can't seem to find any information on this work anywhere. What can you tell me about it?

Answer -
Bob--I have checked in my Official Catalogof the Graphic Works of Salvador Dali by Albert Field [authorized by Dali], and there is no piece titled "Nude on Horseback."  I should point out that often titles are loose translations, even assigned dealers, not artists, but I do not recall such a piece, and I bought and sold Dali works for thirty years.  If the piece was executed after the late seventies, I would seriously doubt if Dali executed it--more likely, it would be an "interpretation" of something he did earlier, even based on a painting.  Finally, Dali probably signed nothing after 1980.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at

Answer -
Bob--Fidelity world arts is also flying under my radar.  I do not open attachments from ANYONE I don't know, not that I distrust you, rather that I lost a computer to a virus in an email that the sender didn't know he had.  However, I am reasonably sure you have a piece NOT signed by Dali, not executed by him, either.  Did you try to find Fidelity?

My google produced a suite offered by another company who stated Fidelity was the publisher.  A suite of 350 signed in the plate.  Never happened.  A further investigation of my Field's Official Catalog revealed a number pieces produced from cancelled prints, one of which was attributed to Fidelity, and specifically a Mr. Rubin.  I am highly suspicious and really can't help any more.  Sorry.  Alan.

Alan Klevit

I can provide sound advice on buying, collecting & understanding fine art, especially original works by 20th century masters and leading contemporary artists. I can also explain techniques used to create original works and offer tips on how to tell whether or not a piece is an original work of art.

I have been active in the art world for twenty-seven years. I owned and operated four galleries and a wholesale showroom on both coasts. We specialized in original works by 20th century masters and emerging artists. I have been an art consultant, artist's representative, lecturer, auctioneer, and curator. I had a radio show for two years, "Today's Art World with Alan Klevit" [Washington, D.C.]; hosted two television shows on the arts for six years [Los Angeles Area]; have written for numerous local papers and international art magazines; and currently write a syndicated column, "The Art Beat." I conduct art auctions for charities throughout the United States, and am a frequent speaker/auctioneer on upscale cruise ships, and at civic organizations and local television shows.

Undergraduate and graduate degrees from Georgetown University and The American University