Fine Art/Dance of Youth - Pablo Picasso

Question
Where is the original "Dance of Youth" by Picasso housed?

Answer
Dear Richard,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question.

The lithograph commonly referred to in English as the Dance of Youth, is a light and pleasing image of a ring of people, (youths), dancing in a circle of friendship. There are several versions of this image and depending on the version is listed as either La Ronde de l´amitié (the ring of friendship); or Ronde de la jeunesse, (ring of the youth).

This image was only created as a lithograph and therefore no known original drawing or painting of the image exists in a museum or private collection. Picasso created the image directly onto a stone for transfer to paper using a lithographic press. Therefore one would have to say that the original of this image would be the stone used to create the lithographs. Since the stone is impractical as an art object, it is common to refer to the lithograph that is produced from the stone as an original lithograph.

The lithograph was signed and dated in the stone, and I am not aware of a hand signed and numbered edition being released. I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley