Fine Art/Dance of Youth - Pablo Picasso

Where is the original "Dance of Youth" by Picasso housed?

Dear Richard,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question.

The lithograph commonly referred to in English as the Dance of Youth, is a light and pleasing image of a ring of people, (youths), dancing in a circle of friendship. There are several versions of this image and depending on the version is listed as either La Ronde de l´amitié (the ring of friendship); or Ronde de la jeunesse, (ring of the youth).

This image was only created as a lithograph and therefore no known original drawing or painting of the image exists in a museum or private collection. Picasso created the image directly onto a stone for transfer to paper using a lithographic press. Therefore one would have to say that the original of this image would be the stone used to create the lithographs. Since the stone is impractical as an art object, it is common to refer to the lithograph that is produced from the stone as an original lithograph.

The lithograph was signed and dated in the stone, and I am not aware of a hand signed and numbered edition being released. I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.