Fine Art/Daniel, that was not a homework...

Daniel, that was not a homework question.  I'm 36 years old, I work as a service advisor for Assael BMW in Monrovia, CA.  I was just impressed by the Getty experience and wanted to to know more.

next time you blow someone off, perhaps you should consider it a bit more.

but then again, you probably wont.

Tim Cheng

Dear Tim, I also have a profession and spend most of my day trying to make a living. I also give up an hour or two every day to help people with specific questions regarding a painting or an artist. I have done this pro bono for over three years. In some instances I have spent ten to twenty hours on one inquiry (for not one penny), because the person was sincere and I was one of very few people who could help them.
I do receive 4 or 5 rambling homework questions a week, some which would require me to respond with a thesis. I am sorry I offended you, but I must make choices to help people rather than engage in philosophical questions or general art talk.
Ironically, a few weeks ago, I sent a specific question to a botanist at allexperts, regarding a Sycamore tree I have. He responded: call your Forestry Dept. That was cold, but I understand that maybe he was working on other questions, and could not do them all (and he also receives no compensation).
If in the future you have any specific needs I would be pleased to help you. And don't let the Getty people know you called them "upstart" :-) . They are one of the great art research centers in the world. There purpose is not to have the greatest paintings, but the greatest archives.
best regards,

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.