Fine Art/Delaunay and Matisse

I first want to thank you for your reply reguarding my piece by
Delaunay. As a follow-up, I was wondering if the lithograph of
Tango sold at the auction you mentioned was signed as mine is
signed in pencil. Also, I have what appears to be a lithograph by
matisse. It is of a blue lady, and it is signed in ink (or so it appears)
as "H. Matisse  52". Is there any way to find out it's value (if there is
any)?Thank you again for your time.  -Tyler

Hello Tyler,

You are welcome. The Delaunay was signed and numbered (8/30), from the same release as yours. Your Matisse sounds like one of the versions of Blue Nude which were signed H. Matisse 52' in the plate. But, Matisse did many images of women in blue so I would need to see the print before I can state which one it is. You can email images as attachments in JPEG format to:

Please send the full image and the size of your print. The other consideration is if it is an original lithograph or a later release as an offset printing. Can you check with a high magnification glass for indications of a dot or line matrix?

Iíll let you know my results once I review your photos.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.