Fine Art/Delaunay

I have a lithograph done by Sonia Delaunway. It is numbered
16/30. It is entitled "Tango"  and it is not a reproduction. It is
rather large and framed. How much would you estimate it is worth?

Lucky you! I love her work and personally have a wonderful Delaunay pochoir. The last auction I can find for Tango was at Swann Galleries in New York in March 2003. It sold below the estimate of $1000-1500 and hammered at $600. Donít judge by one auction as great work often slips through undervalued due to poor attendance or just dumb luck. I have been watching her work gain interest and I consider my pochoir of investment value.

Auction prices are considered wholesale so I estimate your prints retail value to be well above the estimates. Many hand signed limited editions of hers go well into the thousands. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.