Fine Art/Determining value of large oil painting

Question
Dear Mr. Laskowski,

I need your help in establishing the value of a large, American oil,1953, painted by Kate Abelmann. She and her father painted in Pasadena, California. Some of their works were exhibited at the Pasadena Art Museum up until the 1950s. The painting itself is width 36", Height 24". The very ornate frame is 451/2" wide by 331/2" high. The painting is of a harbor scene.
I can send you digital images of the painting and frame.

The artist was my great aunt and it was recently damaged (torn) in shipping from the West Coast to New Hampshire.

Thanks in advance!

Answer
Born in Maywood, IL on April 18, 1892, the daughter of artist August Abelmann. Kate was a resident of Chicago at the turn of the century. Following study at the AIC, she was an illustrator for Gage Brothers Publishers. After years of travel with her father, she settled in Pasadena in 1928. A spinster, Abelmann died in Hemet, CA on Oct. 21, 1982. Exh: LACMA, 1932.
See who handles her work in California and ask them what their replacement value would be for a painting that size and style. I CANNOT FIND ANY PRICE RECORDS ON HER.

Joseph B. Laskowski