Fine Art/Dino Massaroni

I believe a friend of mine has an original Dino Massaroni oil painting. It is of the mountains, (in Italy, I think) with a stream running away from the mountains. How does he go about finding out if this is a real painting or a copy? He is very excited about this painting, and we would like to find out more. Thank you very much, Sincerely
Deborah Kohlepp, Pine Hill, N.J. 08021

Dear Deborah,

I'm not sure if your friend needs to find out if it is an original painting (as opposed to print on canvas), or original Massaroni.
To check to see if it is an original oil; take it to a local antique shop or art gallery. There are numerous ones in nearby Philadelphia.
To find out if it is a Massaroni, your friend can send an email image to the artist or his publisher. I have an email address you can try:
I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.