Fine Art/Dino Massaroni

Question
I believe a friend of mine has an original Dino Massaroni oil painting. It is of the mountains, (in Italy, I think) with a stream running away from the mountains. How does he go about finding out if this is a real painting or a copy? He is very excited about this painting, and we would like to find out more. Thank you very much, Sincerely
Deborah Kohlepp, Pine Hill, N.J. 08021

Answer
Dear Deborah,

I'm not sure if your friend needs to find out if it is an original painting (as opposed to print on canvas), or original Massaroni.
To check to see if it is an original oil; take it to a local antique shop or art gallery. There are numerous ones in nearby Philadelphia.
To find out if it is a Massaroni, your friend can send an email image to the artist or his publisher. I have an email address you can try: dinostudio@aol.com
I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley