Fine Art/Dorothy Parker

Question
Hello,

I am just beginning to ask out there as to the orgin of my painting.  It looks as though it says Dorothy Parker in the corner.  It is an oil in the classic style.  I am guessing by the frame is it late 19th century.  Any information would be just so appreciated!
thanks,
Andrea

Answer
Dorothy Parker

Dorothy Parker,They Are Moving To Bucks County, Daily Intelligencer, August 22, 1936. Courtesy of the Spruance Collection of the Bucks County Historical Society

FICTION WRITER, POET, STAGE & SCREEN ARTIST
BORN: August 22, 1893, West End, New Jersey
DIED: June 7, 1967, New York, New York

Her lifelong reputation as a glittering, annihilating humorist in poetry, essays, short stories and in conversation was compiled and sustained brickbat by brickbat.-Alden Whitman

Described by her friend Alexander Woollcott as "a blend of Little Nell and Lady MacBeth," Dorothy Parker was a petite, doe-eyed woman whose fragile demeanor masked her sharp wit. A writer of verse, fiction, and criticism, she was best known for her biting satire and witticisms, such as "Men seldom make passes/At girls who wear glasses." With George S. Kaufman she reigned over the Algonquin Round Table, a circle of New York wits, during the 1920s. Dazzling popular and critical audiences alike, Parker's prose included the wickedly incisive Constant Reader column in the New Yorker and Big Blonde, which received the O. Henry Prize for best short story in 1929. In spite of her contempt for Hollywood, Parker collaborated with her husband, Alan Campbell, on at least fifteen screenplays, including the Oscar winner, A Star is Born, in this way greatly supplementing their income as writers. This film was nominated an Academy Award for Best Screenplay in 1937. Parker had a secon Academy Award Nomination for Best Writing for the film Smash-Up: The Story of a Woman, in 1947. In 1992, the US Postal Service issued a Commemorative Dorothy Parker stamp in honor of her legacy.

Joseph B. Laskowski