Fine Art/E/// .Oberhauser

I own a Oberhauser,my grandmother broght it from germany. I have no idea what its worth.its a painting of a king and queen is beautfull the detail is beyond belief.and yes its real and signed.? when did Oberhauser live,where did he do his painting,And just ballpark whats it worth. oh my grand mother died over 60 years ago at the age of 72 this painting was given to my dad for his wedding if all this helps. thank you, floyd scoggins

Emmanuel Oberhauser
Title   The best of friends
Medium   oil on canvas
Size   31.5 x 19 in. / 80 x 48.3 cm.
Misc.   Signed
Sale Of   Christie's South Kensington: Thursday, December 2, 2004 [Lot 159]
19th Century European Pictures
Estimate   4,000 - 6,000 BP (US$ 7,407 - 11,111)
Sold For   5,019 BP (9,707 US$) PREMIUM  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University