Fine Art/E. Thomas

Question
Hello I have a 3 foot painting and the name E. Thomas  signature in the left bottom corner. There is a boy drinking from a stream with a dog and a girl and some geese with 3 to four dirt roads.  I think the name of the panting is the Red Watermill.  On the back of the painting, 2 4/5 is written?  I think it real, what do you think?

Answer
Hello Renee,  Based on your description I surmise that you have a very well known decorative reproduction by American artist Edward Kirkbride Thomas (1817 - 1906).  This website has an image of the work I think you have www.alwaysyesterday.com/_mgxroot/page_10741.html .  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke