Fine Art/E. Thomas

Hello I have a 3 foot painting and the name E. Thomas  signature in the left bottom corner. There is a boy drinking from a stream with a dog and a girl and some geese with 3 to four dirt roads.  I think the name of the panting is the Red Watermill.  On the back of the painting, 2 4/5 is written?  I think it real, what do you think?

Hello Renee,  Based on your description I surmise that you have a very well known decorative reproduction by American artist Edward Kirkbride Thomas (1817 - 1906).  This website has an image of the work I think you have .  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.