Fine Art/Ed Blackburn, Toulouse-Lautrec, Robert Indiana

Hi Brent.

My parents were very serious arts and antiquities dealers and collectors in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.  

As a result, I have had several pieces passed on to me over the years (with hundreds of pieces still with my father.)

I have originals from the people in the title and was curious as to their historical worth.  I understand that Indiana is still a living artist and that Blackburn appears to be more of a local Texas flavor.

Also, where do you recommend I have these pieces looked at?

Dear Andrew,

Toulouse-Lautrec and Robert Indiana are the best known of the three.  Are you looking for insurance valuations or valuations prior to a possible sale?  You are best to contact a local dealer that is qualified to evaluate works art.  If you tell me where you are located I may be able to refer you on to such a person.

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.