Fine Art/Eduard Grutzner (Painting)

Question
GRUTZNER PAINTING
GRUTZNER PAINTING  
Daniel,

I recently purchase a Grutzner painting from an antique dealer in Maryland.  It is paint on a wood panel approx. 5 x 8 in..  I understand it came from an estate sale in the Pocanos in Pennsylvania.  

Frankly, I am not sure if it is a reproduction or an original painting. It doesn´t appear to be signed. The painting and frame are clearly old and need to be restored.  

I am sendng a picture attached. If you need more please advise.  I would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks for your help,
B. Dixon

Answer
Dear Barry, It is very common to find these small Grutzners in Antique and resale shops. It is not real. It is a reproduction, glued to a panel and varnished. Anytime you see a genre (people in interiors or at activities)painting in such a small size it is almost always a reproduction. I even bought one from a person in Argentina, it was a varnished over postcard with paint added.
regards,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes