Fine Art/Emil Ludwig Euler info

Question
Dear Sir,

I have been searching for information about artist Emil Ludwig Euler, who apparently was born in Germany in 1878 and may have died in 1955.  I can find no other information.  I have seen two images of his etchings, and one image of a painting.  Could you tell me where I might find information about the artist, or supply any information about him?  

I recently purchased an original etching by him, of three ladies bathing in a stream.

Thank you,
DN  

Answer
Dear Dave,

I did research on Euler and probably found the same information as you. The only museum that has his work in their permanent collection (that I can find) is The Legion of Honor in San Francisco as part of The Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts. It has him listed as Born in Wiesbaden Germany in 1878. He died in 1955 as you mention. According to auction prices on his work, he has a watercolor/gouache that sold in 2006 for $30 in Munich; an etching sold in 2004 for $32 in Berlin, and another in 1999 for $93 in Hamburg. He apparently specialized in works on paper.
Possible avenues for further research may be:
1. Ask another expert who may have more information or German artist research resources.
2. Contact the Legion of Honor to see if they have a more in depth bio of Euler. Robert Flynn Johnson,Curator-in -Charge, Legion of Honer, Achenbach Foundation, email: rjohnson@famsf.org
3. Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. Contact: Kupferstichkabinett Museum of Prints and Drawings  Prof. Dr. Hein-Th. Schulze Altcappenberg, E-Mail: kk@smb.spk-berlin.de
4.The reference library of the Hamburg Kunsthalle. E-mail: bibliothek@hamburger-kunsthalle.de
5. Museum Wiesbaden. Contact: museum@museum-wiesbaden.de
6. Freunde der Kunst im Museum Wiesbaden. Contact: Felicitas Reusch. mail@freunde-museum-wiesbaden.de

I hope you find resources for more information in the list above.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley