Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhausen

I recently inherited what I believe is a print with painted accents titled, "Midsummer Nights Dream" and signed Em. Oberhausen, whom I believe to be the Austrian painter Emmanuel Oberhausen. On the bottom in samll print it states, "Righted 1915 by Louis Wolff & Co. Ltd London." Any information you can provide on the painting or the artist would be greatly appreciated. The picture depicts many fairies in a nature scene.  

Hello Pamela,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. I found the spelling incorrect and located Emanuel Oberhauser, (1854-1919), Austrian School. He was a painter and print maker, primarily engravings, and many were hand colored. From your description I believe yours is a hand colored engraving.

It is difficult getting pricing on his work, but based on my research a hand colored engraving of his goes for $400-600 wholesale. His work will continue to increase in value as he is well regarded and seems to becoming more popular to collectors. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.