Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhausen

Question
I recently inherited what I believe is a print with painted accents titled, "Midsummer Nights Dream" and signed Em. Oberhausen, whom I believe to be the Austrian painter Emmanuel Oberhausen. On the bottom in samll print it states, "Righted 1915 by Louis Wolff & Co. Ltd London." Any information you can provide on the painting or the artist would be greatly appreciated. The picture depicts many fairies in a nature scene.  

Answer
Hello Pamela,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. I found the spelling incorrect and located Emanuel Oberhauser, (1854-1919), Austrian School. He was a painter and print maker, primarily engravings, and many were hand colored. From your description I believe yours is a hand colored engraving.

It is difficult getting pricing on his work, but based on my research a hand colored engraving of his goes for $400-600 wholesale. His work will continue to increase in value as he is well regarded and seems to becoming more popular to collectors. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley