Fine Art/Equine Watercolors by Wallace

Question
Dan, I have two watercolors numbered 8 and 9 signed by Wallace.  They are watercolors of the heads of two of the triple crown winners.   They were purchased in the Toledo Ohio area when about 30 years ago, they were old when purchased for me.   They have notes written on the back by Wallace.  Do you know how many were in this collection and where the rest may be?

Answer
Dear Mary, There are hundreds of artists named "Wallace." I need images and more information. Please send images as best you can according to my standard instructions below.If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and remove any paper covering (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940 (in other words if it does not look like your grandfather or great-grandfather would have owned it, don't proceed).
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes