Fine Art/Eugene Pechaubes

I have 2 Eugene Pechaubes oil paintings on canvas that my mother bought in Paris in 1977; they are approx. 8.5 X 10.5, oil on canvas depicting what I believe are 19th century calvalrymen. I would like to know what their value would be, if they have titles.  I have seen similar paintings but none like the ones I have.

There are approx. 20 auction results in 2006 for Pechaubes oils (both on board and on canvas).  The prices range from around 700EUR up to 3500EUR.  Without having seen yours but knowing their dimensions, I'd guess that yours are valued in the range of $2500.  I wouldn't expect much more than that unless they are very stunning and comprehensive pieces.

Best of luck,

Jeremy Mooer

Art evaluations. Appraisals for insurance purposes. General art questions. We're here to help you.

Experience is made of dealers and gallery owners who have been buying and selling art for many years. We are a team of professionals available to answer your questions.