Fine Art/Fantin Latour Chrysanthemums

Hello~! I have acquired 2 paintings.

They are original.

The first one is done on canvas and is mounted well with a small brass inscription plaque that reads-

Chrysanthemums Fantin Latour. but it is signed by Monet.

The painting is signed Claude Monet 1880. The painting measures aprox. 3 feet x 2 feet.

Along with the other painting I recieved one with a back drop to France(I think)? This painting I can not make out the signature it is signed what looks like G. Ruter? This painting is huge. It reminds me of van gough. Can I send anyone a picture to be able to identify these two paintings?

Dear Bobbi, You can send jpg attachments to my email For each painting, best would be an image of the front, the back, and close-ups of the signatures and any inscriptions or labels. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.