Fine Art/Fine art... un-signed art... Satyr

I've aquired a painting estate dividing. Don't know much about it, but it's old. Appears to be Venus and Mars, Satyr with a flute, a lion skin. They are lying under a tree.
Painting is oil, canvas has 2 repairs on the back, frame has wedges holding canvas on. Painting is 37" X 42".
Here is a link to the pictures I've posted.

Dear Tommy, The painting is definitely a copy. Sorry to say, the artist had no concept of anatomy. The shape and positions of the torsos and limbs are awful, the foreshortening is equally poor. Only the background landscape has any merit at all. I would try to trade this for something else in the estate.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.