Fine Art/Fine art

Question
have two ink, water colour, pics signed by artist "Herbolet" one is a Paris street scene, the other is a river bridge pic. I believe they are origonals---how can I tell?--- would appreciate anything you can tell me about the artist

Answer
Dear Mike,  Second question first.  I do not know anything about the artist.  Keep in mind that the streets of Paris have more artists roaming them than you can imagine,many quite talented.  I once bought my daughter a painting from an artist outside Notre Dame.  It is exquisite and she loves it.  As for how to tell an original from a reproduction/print:  look at the colors through a jeweler's loop.  If a reproduction, the colors will break down into rows of dots, indicating the 4-color process of offset lithography was used.  If not dots, PROBABLY original.  Not foolproof but 80% accurate indicator.  Enjoy the art.  Alan.

Alan Klevit