Fine Art/Frederic Remington

Question
Did Frederic Remington ever do a scrimshaw type of art?  I have a, what appears to be, scrimshaw of an indian on a horse (I have seen it in his paintings) and in the lower right corner is a signature Frederic Remington 1901.  I have seen his signature and this appears very accurate.

Answer
Dear Margaret,Are you speaking of an actual scrimshaw on whale ivory, or a powder horn, or what ? I am not familiar of anything like this by Remington, however he was an excellent draughtsman and illustrator. Can you send some jpeg. images to my email and give me more information ?
danh.57@mindspring.com
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes