Fine Art/Frederic Remington

Did Frederic Remington ever do a scrimshaw type of art?  I have a, what appears to be, scrimshaw of an indian on a horse (I have seen it in his paintings) and in the lower right corner is a signature Frederic Remington 1901.  I have seen his signature and this appears very accurate.

Dear Margaret,Are you speaking of an actual scrimshaw on whale ivory, or a powder horn, or what ? I am not familiar of anything like this by Remington, however he was an excellent draughtsman and illustrator. Can you send some jpeg. images to my email and give me more information ?

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.