Fine Art/Friedrich Kallmorgen

Hi Dolly ..

I picked up a Friedrich Kallmorgen 'print' at a local auction a couple years ago. Also another 'print' but I can't read the signature and because the paper is so fragile wouldn't think of trying to move it to see signature better. Both are approx. 32"x24" with heavy glass and frames (very old). I do not think they are 'prints' although, I'm not sure what to call them. They may be color lithographs or perhaps maybe its paper and India ink. Both are very colorful and dutch/german looking. Both have a symbol on bottom right. It's an inverted triangle with the letters R and V inside the triangle. The R is above the V. Any ideas? Is there a market for this type of work? Any info would be appreciated ..I'll try taking pictures but have to do so without a flash as it reflects off the glass. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Suzanne,

I hope you are doing well. I will try to help you with the prints, but I will need clear photos of the signatures, any marks on front or back, and photos of the full image. You can email them to Please paste your original question in the text of the email to remind me what I am looking at. Also, please add the dimensions.
The best way to get photos without flash is to take them outside in an area that does not cause reflection from the sun. Use high resolution so that I can enlarge without distortion.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.