Fine Art/G.H. Durrie

Question
I have a print by G.H Durrie. There is a printed signature on the bottom left stated G.H. Durrie and under the name is the number 186. It is titled HOME TO THANKSGIVING. Could you tell when this was printed. Thank you. Published by Currier and Ives 152 Nassau Street

Answer
Dear Nancy,

Your Currier and Ives print; painted by G.H. Durrie; was originally released in 1867 in the large folio format. The plate size, (size of the image only without the writing or margins), should be 14.12 x 25.1 inches for your print to be an original. It should also be hand tinted. There are other considerations on determining the actual printing date of your print, but if the size is not correct you should not spend any money getting it authenticated.
Home to Thanksgiving is in the top 50 most collected Currier and Ives prints and the most recent auction wholesale prices are in the $9000 to $12,000 range. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley