Fine Art/G. Harvey painting

Question
I have a G.Harvey, inherited from my grandparents collection. I
believe it to be an original, considering other paintings I have
already sold. It is framed, on canvas, and signed. How can I tell if
it is an original oil, or just a print on canvas?

Answer
Good question, Fran.  If it is a print [offset lithograph] on canvas, you would see rows of dots if you looked at any color through a jeweler's loop or high powered magnifying glass.  That's because the colors are produced using the 4-color separation process.  Giclees are more difficult, as ink is thrown on the canvas according to computer specs.  Good luck.  Alan.

Alan Klevit